WELCOME to Body-Brain Boogie WELLNESS Blog!

"HEALTHY LIVING" and "ACTIVE LEARNING" for INDIVIDUALS , FAMILIES, and "WELLNESS WORK SITES".

Friday, June 26, 2009

Health Benefits of Generosity

Giving is Good for Our Health

M. J. Ryan author of The Giving Heart describes the positive effects of generosity on the mindbody. Not only do we make others feel good, we can also increase our physical well-being, raising endorphins in the bloodstream to relieve pain, increasing the number of T-cells in the immune system to help resist disease, feeling simultaneously energized and calm, and extending our lifespan.

Let’s be mindful of Etienne de Grellet’s words, “I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.”

Or remember Ellen Glasgow words, “You can't take it with you. You never see a U-haul following a hearse.”

No comments: